Tuesday 18 December 2012

You Sew Girl Coin Purse pattern review

I have been keeping busy with teaching and Zumba and making detailed dresses lately so I felt it was time for a little quick craft project for some instant fabric satisfaction.

Nicole Mallalieu of You Sew Girl! is known for her fabulously detailed and informative patterns so I headed her way to make a purchase online of her Coin Purse pattern. Instant download - love it!!

All in all this purse took me perhaps half an hour to do, being the first run through of this design. But now I have Nicole's techniques mastered, I'm sure I could whip one of these up in less than that. Here is my end result.


A structured purse with box base to make it stand up, a neat zipper closure and some padding to make it all fancy-like. It's lined and is a perfect size for coins in your handbag or basket, little make up bits and pieces or a sweet purse for a little girl.

Forgive the wonky topstitching - my excuse is that it was hot, late at night and I just wanted to finish something so I did rush a little! A very satisfying project all the same. This pattern comes with two sizes included so I will definitely be making more.

Thank you Nicole for sharing your cleverness! I feel right professional loike now!

2 comments:

Jemima said...

it's very cute. Sometimes it's fab to do a quick project, very satisfying to acheive something quickly.

Becky said...

Great review Gilly, I think I will add this to the list of things to try. I have a few of Nikki's patterns here in the queue.