Friday 24 June 2011

Progress on Janelle Wind's Little Bluebirds

I started this quilt back in 2008. Wow. Three years ago! I loved the colour scheme of the red, aqua and white so very much and bought it as a monthly kit from Sarah at Quilt Fabric Delights.

I'm not much of an embroidery gal but thought the amount of stitchery on this quilt was achieveable. But what I did underestimate was how slow and challenging I would find the needle turn applique. I'm hopeless at it! So much to my dismay the quilt kit sat hibernating in my cupboard for 3 years. Until now.

Recently my genius friends suggested a whole new way to approach the applique which really inspired me again to get stuck into it. Why not raw edge applique the quilt in the same manner that Kellie Wulfson does? Of course!! So yesterday out it came and I achieved so much now that the mental road block of turned edge applique is far over the horizon.

There's lots more to come but I was so excited to get this far so quickly that I wanted to share it with you.

little bluebirds progress

1 comment:

Karen said...

Love the colours Gilly - and I am in awe of anyone who makes a quilt!
Looking forward to seeing the end result.