Friday 31 December 2010

Wonderful Wonderland

It's a cracking 41 degrees forecast today so a perfect day for staying indoors with the airconditioning cranked up and the sewing machine going. I trotted off to my local quilting store on Wednesday and found myself 2 Jelly Rolls of Momo Wonderland by Moda. It's been on my "would like" list for a while and to find them half price was fantastic luck!! Underneath the Wonderland roll is another of my "would like" fabrics of late, Rainy Days & Mondays by Riley Blake. It's super cute, with a modern yet retro twist. I love it!

Wonderland by Momo and Riley Blake

So what to do with two rolls of fabric? I've been thinking about a Bento Box style quilt for a while now and thought that the Wonderland fabric would look lovely in one just like the gorgeous one below. The quilt featured below features another of my favourite lines of fabric, Flea Market Fancy. Drool......

KJR Jumble Block Quilt
Quilt by Red Pepper Quilts

In my journey through Flickr I also found this cushion that would be gorgeous in my room or my studio. So that idea is on the back burner if I have any fabric left over.

pillow swap front
cushion by hanies

And lucky last is some fabric newly arrived from the US for one of my customers who was after fabric with records on it to show her kids that there really was a form of recorded music prior to CD's!! Love the retro, fifties styling of this Robert Kaufman print. I'm making up a couple of sunhats in this fabric so I will share when they are done.

Robert Kaufman Pleasures and Pastimes

5 comments:

Lyn said...

Happy New Year, Gillian! I shouldn't tell you that Rainy Days & Mondays is on sale for $8 a yard from The Quilted Castle (if you've not shopped there before I can highly recommend) - a New Year splurge? I came across it today and fell in love! http://thequiltedcastle.com/catalog.htm Lyn x

liset said...

Cool fabric! Beautiful quilts!
Have a great new Years evening and all the best for 2011.

Jessi said...

hi gillian!!

happy new year!

LOVE the wonderland fabrics
can i please email you with some questions re: your breast reduction...

i need to chat with someone who has had it done... before I go to my appointment!

If not, I understand fully.

my email is maddoandsaddo@Bigpond.com

love

jessi

thea said...

oh wow that is a truly YUMMY selection... love the idea a good project for a new year!

thea.
xx

(spoonfulzine)

Ducks and Rabbits said...

Lucky girl! And at half price, too - that would almost be at US retail! I have a bit of a Wonderland obsession but never found any jelly rolls. Still need to figure out how to use my honey bun - such thin strips!