Thursday 1 July 2010

Blimey it's cold!

With such beautifully sunny days and clear nights, the weather is decidedly chilly of late here in little old Adelaide. I had a request for a new beanie in pink from my poppet so off to Ravelry I headed and found this pattern. It's the Granny Skull Cap and a very easy and quick pattern to whip up. I added an additional row to the length and in hindsight perhaps could have added another one. With some on and off again hooking, I made this up in two days in Moda Vera Harmony which I found at Spotlight for $2 a ball! This hat only took one ball of yarn to make. To finish it off I added a crochet flower in cotton using this pattern and a vintage button. My poppet loves it and I love it as it was so easy and cheap!

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Nicky said...

Where can I learn to crotchet - I soWant tohave a little try

Natalie said...

Love the new hat! I was just searching patterns in rav the other day and have saved off so many new ones, now just have to decide which one to make first.

Nikki said...

Gawwwww-jis!

Bloody freezing here. Even I'm thinking about picking up a crochet hook.