Saturday 12 December 2009

I've joined the Crochet-A-Long!

Amy has been sharing some beautiful crochet blocks from the book 200 Crochet Blocks by Jan Eaton. She has inspired me with her bright colours and that the book is achievable for a beginner. So I've started hooking and have now completed my first block! It's Anemone block #129 which is an easy skill level block. All this activity at 10.30pm at night.... a good time to try a new skill! I found it quite simple and enjoyable. Definitely a great block with which to start. I don't usually work with orange but I wanted to veer away from my usual choices (pinks, blues, yellows) and thought these worked well together. Here's Amy's version. It's so interesting to see how differently each block appears using different weight and coloured yarn.

Photobucket

And at 12.15am this morning I got adventurous and tried the Patriotic Stars block #65. It's a medium skill level block and I think I miscounted in the pink rounds as I have waaaay too many stitches going on. Time to pull this one apart and start again, methinks!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Tracey said...

You are crocheting up a storm Gilly. Perhaps some crochet attire next? :D

Amy Badskirt said...

I'm in the midst of patriotic square now. You can catch a glimpse on my flickr stream. I liked the center because it was a bit like amigurumi.

Is your book one with American terminology or UK?

Cherry said...

Aren't you a clever cookie!

Kellie said...

Hey for some reason I had trouble with the patriotic star too. I kept screwing up my count and forgetting what round I was on. I'm sure the craziness of the holidays and 3 nutty kids had something to do with it as well.... BTW love your sweet blog!