Tuesday 22 September 2009

Hunt for the button

I have been tearing my hair out for the last two weeks trying to source bulk amounts of self cover buttons. By bulk, I mean 100+. I just can't find them anywhere and Birch are out of stock of them at the moment.

A desperate crafty girl here is asking.... do you know where I can source these scarce little gems? Surely some craft or sewing shop has a bag of these lying around....

I'm after any self cover buttons sized 18mm or larger. Sob.... a girl can't have a new addiction and not be able to feed it!


Thanks to all you very resourceful crafty gals. I have found a very economical source of self cover buttons and I truly appreciate your help with this. My addiction has been fed.
Thankyou.

Photobucket

8 comments:

bec said...

try this http://shop.ebay.com.au/?_from=R40&_trksid=p4712.m38.l1313&_nkw=self+cover+buttons&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Cherry said...

Amy (badskirt) had some for sale a while ago

Megs said...

I have always bought mine on Etsy, they normally only take a week to get here if that is not too long to wait.

Unknown said...

OOOh Annie was covering buttons today as well. I'd try Etsy !

Annie said...

Try Jacobindi.com - I'm having some fun with it it too.

Pippa said...

They are so addictive, I'm glad I'm not the only one with a button covering 'problem'.

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

HOW GOOD IS THIS CRAFTY LITTLE COMMUNITY??/ coming ot the rescue to the damsel in distress. Yipppeee!!!

Anonymous said...

....get in contact with a quilting shop that stock leutenegger products - these would include 'anna griffen' designs or check www.leutenegger.com.au, through these guys you can also order beutron self covering buttons either in 50pieces or 100 pieces min - if you ask the quilt shop they might just be happy to order them in for you...I order mine direct from the whole saler as that is how I purchase my fabric, if you get stuck I have a HUGE amount with me at the moment that I am more than happy to part with, as I mainly use mine on pinnis in winter - FOUND YOUR SITE FROM GILLYBEAN'S im at www.millieandmo.com.au if you need to contact me x