Tuesday 14 July 2009

Tieing up loose ends

Continuing the major clean out, destash and finishing WIP binge of late. I attend a felting and knitting class during the week which has the divine option of a free creche for my little poppet to attend whilst I get my dose of craftiness and adult company during the week.

This class has prompted me to start knitting a hat for my daughter whichI will felt in the washing machine or full it if I want to be completely technical. Here it is two thirds of the way through. I found the yarn at the op shop for 50 cents which makes the project even more delicious! And here's a tip for beginner knitters who haven't used double pointed needles before.... I put little rubber bands on the ends of my needles so that the stitches won't slip off. It stops me worrying about dropping all those stitches!



The test sewers Gingerbread House kits got off in the post yesterday express mail. That is a relief as now I can sit back with that project on the back burner for a little while. That is until I hear how tricky or not my instructions are!!



Don't forget I have lots of vintage sewing patterns and some modern ones finishing their auctions on Ebay tonight, including the one below for a very vintage bathing suit. Click here if you would like to have a gander. More to be listed soon over the next week or so. Just have to be a good seller and check all the pieces are in the pattern envelopes.


2 comments:

Michelle said...

Love the op shop yarn. Great find.

Unknown said...

Steady progress. Can't wait to see the finished product.