Saturday 23 May 2009

Just brooching a subject here....

Yes, deliberate spelling mistake there...

I've discovered the love of shrinking perfectly good woollen jumpers for the sole purpose of cutting them up into little pieces. It's called felting and boyo, am I addicted!!??

I've been scouring the op shops and have found some great woollies to felt. Into the washing machine they go with boiling hot water and some detergent. Whizz them through about 6 wash cycles (no rinse or spin though) and then into a hot dryer. Result?









Brooches available in the Silly Gilly store now!

7 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Gorgeous!
Are the pure wool jumpers expensive in your neck of the woods? They are here!

PS There's an error in your shop link.

Anonymous said...

the are fabulous Gillian soooo pretty!

Unknown said...

Your new brooches are so nice , I love them .

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

Fantastic! Love them xox

Lorraine said...

very cute! I have a couple of wool jumpers I have put aside for felting....one day!

Selina said...

oh, I know! I've become a little addicted to the old felting myself! I recently got an angora cardigan, only 70%angora, wasn't that sure if it would felt, and it came up beautifully! I love your little brooches, very sweet!

Vera Jean said...

Makes me chuckle about all the things Ive shrunk over the years and been p@#$ed off about it.. shouldve have stashed them.. They look great.. Ive done some on hair clips too!,(two of each colour actually to avoid fighting)...But I wasnt creative enough to make the felt..