Thursday 23 April 2009

Two more sleeps

Until I get to go to Inspired Stitches for both Saturday AND Sunday of this coming weekend. I feel hideously excited and a little bit curious at the same time as I've never been on one of these stitching weekend getaways before, let alone by myself! Hopefully I'll find some like-minded gals to chat with.

The very helpful Sarah of Quilt Fabric Delights has organised some wonderfully clever designers to come and show and tell us some lovely new designs.

I've already made or started patterns from two of the designers coming along this weekend. I've made Magoo from Melly and Me designs, shown below lounging around my daughter's room... Both Melanie Hurlston and Rosalie Quinlan are coming along, of Melly and Me fame.



And I've started the Little Bluebirds quilt by Janelle Wind. I'm showing you a pic from Janelle's pattern book as I'm not very far along in my stitching and it's a bit embarrassing to show you my work in progress! See that teeny centre block? I've just finished that off this afternoon... so much to still do!


The other designer that will be there is Leanne Beasley of Leanne's House. I love Leanne's work and really am drooling over her fabric choices for her designs. We get starter kits for new projects from each designer so I can't wait to see what's in my goodie bag!!

I have a new bag up in the Silly Gilly store called Penny Patchwork Library Bag. I've used lots of delicious scraps from all of my favourite fabrics in this bag. Looking at it, I can remember all the different projects I've created from those fabrics! Each side of the bag is different and you can guarantee that there will never be another bag like this as it's a unique piece. A boy's version will be coming along soon...


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Library bag looks terrific! Must do something similar one day - nice to have a reminder of previous projects. And the monkey is too cute!

Unknown said...

The bags are great . Have a great weekend .

Vicki said...

Hi was just wandering around blogdom and found you! Love the bags.. have a fantabulous weekend!!
Vic xx

Michelle said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a weekend. Hope you have a great time.

Jodie said...

you are bound to have more fun than you can cope with !