Thursday 2 April 2009

Stop Me Now!!!

I am in one of those flit-between-a-million-projects kinds of moods this week so I thought I might share with you some of what's on my list. In the process, maybe I might manage to focus myself onto something for more than an hour!

Appliqued panels for new library/tote bags.

An Enid Gilchrist winter dressing gown pattern all ready for winter when Adelaide decides it's not summer any more.

A 1977 smock-style top already cut and ready to sew in the lovely snuggly floral cord that you see in the background. I'm making the version that is in green on the envelope.

More flower brooches coming together using some of my friend Heidi's delicious hand dyed wool felt.


And more things on the boil too... knitting my poppet a castle bag and accompanying princess, dragon, king, jester, queen finger puppets.... more stock for the market in two weeks.... machine quilting my poppet's quilt that my MIL very generously basted for me as I couldn't bear to think about it.... repairing Magoo/Sour Cream after a rather unfortunate swing-around-the-room-by-the-monkey-arm incident.... 50+ wet bags.... little handmade gifts for poppet's cousin....
I think I'll stop the list there, even though there's more to add. It's likely I'll self-combust if I keep listing it all!

I was very fortunate last week to win a beautiful handcrafted ring from Chocolate and Steel. Here it is on my hand model. Me. Ever tried to take a photo with your left hand whilst holding out your right? It's a tricky thing. And I never realised how 'liney' my hands are! I like them though, they look nothing like that on a day to day basis... got to love macro. Just don't use it on your hands! Thankyou Christine... your work is amazing and the ring fits perfectly!



Now off to try to ignore the housework just a smidge longer so that I might get a little more done of my list!

7 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Sheesh I'm glad I don't have your to do list... makes me tired just thinking about it!
Love the new ring, lucky you.

Tracy said...

Can't wait to see the Enid Dressing gown!

tea and cake said...

My list is a quarter of yours, or less, and I'm reeling! There must be something in the air at the moment. You go girl, while you've got the energy!

Unknown said...

Go for it the housework will wait for you .
clares craftroom

seed said...

Hello,
I was hoping you could tell me what number/pattern is the Style pattern you are using.
It looks to be an exact copy of one I had years ago but was mistakenly thrown out.
I have been trying to locate a copy through various searches but couldn't remember the design number.
Thanks
Caroline

Nikki said...

I LOVE that ring... and I NEVER wear rings or jewellery (long story involving an allergy to nickel...). Your hands photograph beautifully , too (....have you ever looked closely at the hand shots in my tutorials?).

Anyway.... what I was GOING to say.. (?!) is that the Enid dressing gown looks MIGHTY exciting! I'd like to see it as a little cropped jacket, too... thanks. I'm sure you can fit that in, can't you...?

Chocolate and Steel said...

yay! so glad you like it and that it fits well. It looks beautiful on your hand:)