Monday 6 April 2009

Click Clack

I've been working on my daughter's castle bag and fingerpuppets and spent a nice part of Friday afternoon sitting in the backyard starting my project whilst my daughter played outside.

As usual I had my fluffy companion Ella right under my feet, the sun was shining through the trees and I was using some lovely cheap but cheerful coloured yarn.

And Saturday morning's garage sale haul was a doozie too. This time the biggest find was for my MIL Robyn. Robyn's just taken up smocking to add to her already amazing repertoire of skills. I found a Sally Stanley Smocking Machine for the bargain basement price of $10!! Considering they go on Ebay for over $100 I was pretty happy with that find!

And I also picked up these curtains. Please tell me what you think. Got these for $3. They are vintage 50's - 60's and in okay condition. I'm just not convinced that the print is nice enough to be pretty without looking like a circus tent with wedding bouquets all over it?? What do you think?

6 comments:

Jodie said...

You are the garage sale queen, and your crown is safe!

Jan said...

Your version and mine of pretty must be different, Gillian, 'cos these curtains are pretty - trust me! Hope life's fun in Adelaide.
Jan

Unknown said...

Pretty pretty if you ask me. Love that colourful wool too.

Anonymous said...

I can HONESTLY say Gillian the curtains are gorgeous! They literally took my breath away! you lucky lucky girl I think they are a very special find! I hope to get to the op shop today with the one purpose to find some curtains to cut up, then I see yours! trust me, they are pretty

CurlyPops said...

I think they're very pretty. It probably just depends on where you're going to put them. Hubby might not appreciate it if you hung them in the bedroom!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the curtains!!!!
$3 is an amazing price for them too.