Friday 2 January 2009

Silly Gilly is a nervous Nellie

I've been procrastinating when it comes to finishing a 'big girl's' quilt for my daughter. I can't honestly remember when I started the quilt, suffice to say she wasn't walking, so that would be a good almost 2 years ago.

The top is pieced and the backing is now together. All I have to do is quilt it. I say 'all' but golly me if I 'aint as nervous as Bambi in the forest.

And of course there is the self-imposed pressure as we are considering buying my almost three year old a big girl's bed, so of course she can't sleep in it without her big girl's quilt. Dang, I don't want to start and muck the whole thing up but in the same breath, I can't wait to get stuck in.

Here's a little peek of me finishing off some embellishments yesterday.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Glad you are feeling better. Good luck with the quilting, the quilt looks great.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous fabrics it is so pretty

KH said...

I can't wait to see the finished product! The colours are lovely.