Tuesday 28 October 2008

If the magic book fairy dropped me a parcel....

.....this is what it would be....
This book, by Kathy Doughty and Sarah Fielke, is full of some of the most deliciously inspiring and exciting quilts I've seen in a long time. They speak to me as a combination of vintage style and modern ideas. Such beautiful fabrics and written in such an easy to read manner.

Kathy and Sarah run a patchwork shop in Gladesville, NSW. I wish it was a little closer, but they do have an online store too....

They have a blog too - Material Obsession. Go have a look and be absolutely gobsmacked at some of the work the girls and their friends have been doing.

2 comments:

Amy Badskirt said...

We had a Sydney Brown Owls meeting in their shop and to be surrounded by so many amazing quilts left me speechless. So much glee!

I'd love it if the book fairy also hit me with this one!

Unknown said...

This one is on my wish list too! I am hoping santa knows where to pick up a copy.