Wednesday 8 October 2008

Good evening Husband, can I fix you a drink?

I've been working on finishing my new apron. I found the vintage pattern for it at a garage sale and had had the fabric in the stash for quite a few months. The fabric was perfect for the pattern and I have now finished the bottom half of the apron.

Photobucket

It's a very full apron and I've used good ol' yellow gingham, which I feel balances the grey quite nicely. Next to add is the almost completed bib which is detachable and buttons on. Pics to come soon.

11 comments:

Shellbells said...

lovely summer look!!! Clever you

Anonymous said...

the apron is fab! so gorgeous!! I have just realised we used the same corny analogy about posting for The Festival!!!

Michelle said...

looks lovely. Well done

Michelle

Jodie said...

I hope you freshen up and put your lippy on before he comes home!!

Cass said...

Looks lovely.

Anonymous said...

hahah.. yes can just imagine you cocktail in hand welcoming Mr Silly home :)

I think you are going to have to do a few of these for your shop......i'm drooling.....

Kitty said...

That's a really lovely apron. Will you be wearing it, as he comes through the door shouting 'Honey ... I'm home!'?

Kylie said...

Oh lovely - what a nice looking apron - I so need to make myself an apron.

Kim Dellow said...

I love this apron, Beautiful materials. Kimx

Anonymous said...

where my beer WOMAN...lmao

Marina said...

Gorgeous apron Gillian. Love the fabric combo!