Monday 14 July 2008

You're all on the edge of your seats of course!!

I had a fantabulous weekend with my little three person family, $1 book sales and garage sales where my daughter found her first etchasketch. She's completely in love with her new toy and I'm pretty stoked we got it for $1. And I found perhaps the mother lode for someone who loves Golden Hands...... get your eyes feasting on this lot!

If you haven't heard of Golden Hands before, they were a set of craft books put out in the 70's containing all sorts of projects using knitting, macrame, crochet, dressmaking, lace work, the list goes on! Can you believe I got this whole set in perfect condition for $2?????? Now, I'm tossing up whether to give this away on the blog but my dilemma is how to post it as it would make for a very heavy parcel, all 18 hard cover volumes.... Any ideas out there from you 70's craft lovers?

I'm also busy getting organised for my first real life stall to sell Silly Gilly wares. I'm holding it this Friday 18th July at the Future Families Fun Day. We all get together at the Goodwood Community Centre, Rosa Street, Goodwood in South Australia, from 10am - 2pm. There are presentations by local health and parenting experts, children's activities, discussion circles, healthy food and networking. And me! I'm looking forward to seeing peoples reactions, in good old fashioned real life, to my smocks and toys and other little pieces.

Here's a little sneak peek at something I am currently working on for my store and my business. I've had a lovely gal by the name of Maree design a new logo for Silly Gilly. Now I'm in the middle of the brain numbing, cross eyed process of designing a new look and template for the website. I love HTML, not!!And last but not least...... thanks going to the random number generator.........

drum roll please......................

the winner is Leni and Rose!!!! Congrats to you. Please contact me with your postal address and I'll pop your goodies in the mail asap. Thanks to everyone with their lovely stories. I really enjoyed reading them.

2 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Yah for Michelle...what a great prize to win!
Good luck with the stall, I hope it all goes really well!

Michelle said...

Oh unreal!!!! Yay to me!! I am so happy I won - I really really wanted those patterns!! I'll send you an email with my details. Thanks heaps!!!